on the path of God's leading in pursuit of His glory

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

How About That!


My husband, Scott, works with Finleyville's assistant fire chief. He told my husband a story of a recent call that Finleyville Fire company had to make. They came to a home where the owner was using an oil lamp because of a power outage from our recent wind storm. Well, he was in the process of refilling this oil lamp when unexpectedly, the lamp ignited! They think that it wasn't completely out. It sent a flash across the room melting the curtains & setting items in the room on fire. Afterwards the fireman returning to the room, making sure everything was out in the room & safe, were stunned at what they found. Everything was quite scorched, but one item. They went over to find a Bible opened on the night stand completely intacked & unburned! The fireman gently picked the Bible up & placed it safely on the main floor for the homeowners. How about that!

4 comments:

Vicki said...

I love it!! God makes His presence known. I wonder who the blessing of seeing that was for -the fireman or the homeowner (Im sure both!)

Debbie said...

I think both too!

Jacque said...

I have heard that happen before! I think it was for both to know He is supreme and reigns! Not even fire can burn where God doesn't allow!

Jordan@Me and My 8 said...

Betty betty cool.