on the path of God's leading in pursuit of His glory

Friday, August 17, 2012

This is Only a Journey

The passing of 2 very dear older saints in the Lord just reminded me that our life here on this earth is only a journey.  It is a brief stay even though it seems long for the moment.  My heart realizes that I cannot put roots down here, I can't take up residence in this place because there is a much greater place waiting for me.  A place where there is no pain, no troubles, no sin.  A place where the homeless have a home and can eat at the royal banquet.   A place where the orphan finally have a family and can run and play with other children and not be strapped to a bed wasting away.   A place where the widow and widower no longer need to worry about who will take care of them or where their next meal will come from.  There is sweet peace, joy unspeakable, and unimaginable love.   Even above all that, this the place where the Lover of my soul resides.

As I look down the road to that very sweet place that I call Home, my heart skips a beat knowing that He is there.  We only get a glimpse of the glory of God here in this life.  We can only remain in His Presence for a short time, because we still have work to do before we arrive Home.  Yes, there are times He abides now, but it's nothing compared to what we will experience in Heaven.  In Heaven, we will  be immersed forever in His wonderful Presence!  To be drenched in His light so as to never ever be in darkness again, who would trade that for anything here on earth?


2 comments:

Jacque said...

Amen! I know I am so looking forward to the time when Jesus returns for His bride, us! I may never get a wedding on this side of eternity, but the one I will get at the marriage of the lamb will far exceed anything I could ever imagine! Thank You Jesus for loving me, wooing me, & calling me into Your glorious family! I love you Lord!

Vicki said...

so true Deb. If it werent for the unsaved (especially the members of this family)- I would say "even so come quickly!"