on the path of God's leading in pursuit of His glory

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Quote from Charles Spurgeon

A friend sent me this quote from her devotional & I thought I'd share it with you.

"Communion with Christ is a certain cure for every ill. Whether it be the wormwood of woe, or the cloying surfeit of earthly delight, close fellowship with the Lord Jesus will take bitterness from the one, and satiety from the other. Live near to Jesus, Christian, and it is matter of secondary importance whether thou livest on the mountain of honour or in the valley of humiliation. Living near to Jesus, thou art covered with the wings of God, and underneath thee are the everlasting arms. Let nothing keep thee from that hallowed intercourse, which is the choice privilege of a soul wedded to THE WELL-BELOVED. Be not content with an interview now and then, but seek always to retain His company, for only in His presence hast thou either comfort or safety. Jesus should not be unto us a friend who calls upon us now and then, but one with whom we walk evermore."

My favorite part I highlighted.

4 comments:

Jacque said...

good quote!

Vicki said...

I dont know what I would do without His constant companionship. He has been the ONLY constant in my life,and His companionship has been something I cling to.

Jordan@Me and My 8 said...

You've been tagged!

Jacque said...

YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED, GO TO MY BLOG FOR DETAILS!