on the path of God's leading in pursuit of His glory

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

God is on the Move!

God is so good to me! I just stand in awe of how He blesses me so. Last Friday night a friend of mine had an impromptu prayer meeting at her house. She invited a few friends over to join her in worship & prayer. Well, only 2 of us showed up, but where 2 or more are gathered in His name He is there. The Lord laid it upon the other friend's heart to bring a wash basin, so we had a foot washing. She called another friend who had gone south for the winter to pray as each foot was being washed. God is no respecter of states! It was as if she was right there with us. As she prayed, our hearts were touched mightily. The power of God was so strong at 1 point that I struggled to stay off the floor! Each one of was so greatly blessed!

Then Sunday as I was on my way to go shopping, I saw a woman walking the other way carry 6 bags of groceries (I come to find out). So I turned the car around, I stopped & asked her if she needed a ride. She was so appreciative, "I was praying that God would send someone my way!" I told her that I heard the call! So she climbed into the car & I took her home. She lived at least 1 1/2 miles away up a long hill. I couldn't believe that she was going to walk all the way home carrying all those bags of groceries. She mentioned that she had a 14 yr old son. We talked about churches & such. I went back later to ask if she'd be interested in having her son go to my kids' youth group & visit our church. She was so blessed, because she was asking the Lord for a place for her & her son. So yesterday, I picked them up. It was such a pleasure getting to know a little bit about her. She seems so eager to learn more about the Lord. While her son was at youth, she came with me to the Prayer Room. She helped me to quickly vacuum the place (we were having a week of prayer starting last night, so I wanted the place to look nice), & we prayed. She wants to do the same for Thursday youth, & hopefully come to church on Sunday. I hope she feels comfortable with us. Time will tell. My husband came & took them home.

I only had one other person join me in the Prayer Room last night. We had a good time in prayer! The rest of the night I had a wonderful time of worship. When you are alone, it is an incredibly intimate time with the Lord. You are free to express your worship any way you want. And as the Lord spoke to me, I prayed. I can't wait to see what each night brings!

1 comment:

Jordan@Me and My 8 said...

Wow! All of that sounds so awesome.