on the path of God's leading in pursuit of His glory

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

In Reflection

I can't believe the week of prayer has come & gone already. It wasn't anything like I expected it would be. I had to work through the disappointment that more people didn't show up. There were a few nights that I spent all 4 hours alone. But those were some of the sweetest times with the Lord that I had. It was out of one of those nights, during the worship time that I finished a drawing my son & I were working on. It was done on the back wall in pastel. It's a woman worshiping (the picture is below). I want another one of a boy on his face praying. When its all done, I'll take more pictures & post them so that you can see.
Wednesday night was the highest volume of people. The next morning Rosalie had a heart attack & Friday, she had open heart surgery. She came through fine. I believe God had His hand on her because we prayed for her the night before. Scott's grandma also was rushed to the hospital the next day, only hers was congestive heart failure. I believe God kept her because we prayed. And we prayed for a friend of mine's sons, one has since returned home! Praise the Lord! God is so good!

Even all that Brent went through that week, God gave him confirmation on something he was praying for & opened wide a door for him to share God's vision for the Valley to many Rotary Clubs! Word of Go Time Ministry is starting to spread into a larger area.

Saturday night, the last night, I had the privilege of having a dear old friend of mine come & pray with me. Man can he pray! What a wonderful way to end the week!

I have been asking the Lord to show me the strongholds that keeps Finleyville bound. Well, I got a good dose of that coming out of the Prayer Room that night. People were going from bar to bar or restaurant wearing green hats celebrating St. Patty's Day. My husband says that that's quite typical for that town. People would tell me about it, now I have seen! Now I know how to pray!

When I reflect back on the week, a lot happened for the Kingdom of God. So I once again have to adjust my perception of what God's intentions are for a matter. I'm learning (again!) not to preconceive what God is doing in a thing.

3 comments:

Jordan@Me and My 8 said...

Thanks for posting all that. I so would love to do that...just can't quite figure out how to manage my time yet.

Anonymous said...

I had to work, or I would have been there!

Jacque

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful drawing on the wall. Im sorry more people were not there-it is frustrating to do all the planning with not the results you were expecting. God still accomplishes His will and Plan through your obedience-He knew how many would show up- maybe He was just looking for an obedient heart. what a great opportunity to pray though. You challenge me in your desire.-vicki