on the path of God's leading in pursuit of His glory

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Think Outside the Box

As you know, I have been reading the book Red Moon Rising by Pete Greig & Dave Roberts. This book has really challenged me to think outside the box, the church building box that is, when it comes to ministry. Once again I have to Quote from the book:
"There have been times throughout history when God could no longer bear to hear the cries of the poor and the oppressed while the religious leaders turned the temple into a social irrelevance and did nothing at all to care for those who were hurting. At such times, as the flood of God's anger threatened to burst the very dams of His grace, He would search for someone, anyone, who might 'stand before Me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it.' Tragically, He told Ezekiel, 'I found none" (Ezekiel 22:30). If this is what it means to intercede, 'standing in the gap' between God and hurting humanity, I guess it isn't a task that can be cloistered away all the time in sanitized environments. Standing in the gap for the poor and marginalized may well mean that it matters where we pray and how we pray, and that our prayers for the poor are worked out in practice."

Here's another quote in the book from a missionary to China:
"Some want to live
within the sound
of church or chapel bell;
I want to run
a rescue shop
within a yard of hell." - C.T.Studd

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my desire, this is my reasonable service to God, this is what God fashioned me to do. If I am not "standing in the gap", then I am walking in disobedience. It's not about me! Thinking outside the box once again.

Nicky said...

A. Debbie

I was able to post it on Youtube. I have a link to it on my blog.