on the path of God's leading in pursuit of His glory

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Quote

from Elisabeth Elliot's book Passion & Purity

"But the question to precede all others, which finally determines the course of our lives, is 'What do I really want? Was it to love what God commands...? Did I want what I wanted, or did I want what He wanted, no matter what it might cost?'

Until the will and the affections are brought under the authority of Christ, we have not begun to understand, let alone to accept, His Lordship. The Cross, as it enters the love life, will reveal the heart's truth.

Jesus' feeding the 5000... I remembered what a chapel speaker, Ruth Stull of Peru, had said: 'If my life is broken when given to Jesus, it is because pieces will feed a multitude, while a loaf will satisfy only a little lad.' "

No comments: