on the path of God's leading in pursuit of His glory

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Next Day





The beauty of the snow stayed around for quite awhile & the sun made it even prettier.













Here is Bentleyville. People really didn't get out much for a good while. The stores were out of power as well. There were people without electricity up to a week after the blizzard hit.





I headed to Sally's because she had a generator. I needed to charge my cell phone, our only way to communicate. The drive was such a beautiful sight!





This is the other end of my street coming from Fox's Pizza. It was the safest way to come. It had such a surreal feeling driving that day with hardly anyone out. Needless to say, we didn't have church that day. It took trucks from other states to get power to many people. We were blessed to only be out over the weekend!


I hope you enjoyed these pictures as much as I did taking them!

3 comments:

Jordan@Me and My 8 said...

Beautiful.

Jacque said...

All the pictures are beautiful! The snow was beautiful! It is almost 3 weeks later and finally melting. Isn't it amazing how something so beautiful can be so dangerous at times!

Debbie said...

Well we are supposed to get a fresh coat to brighten it up again. I'm grateful for the slow melt - no flooding that way. But I will definitely be grateful for grass, warm weather, & sunshine again!