on the path of God's leading in pursuit of His glory

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Fight is On

It is interesting how the Lord brings us through seasons.  God uses these seasons to grow us in ways we wouldn't flourish any other way.  As time goes on I am astounded by the mercy and wisdom of God! Why? I'm not really sure because He is God.  Maybe it's more my discovery of Who He is.

God had brought me, quite a few years ago, through a season of fasting and spiritual warfare.  I felt called to prayer, but most especially spiritual warfare.  The battles were in tense.  During that time we lost my husband's brother, then a year later my own mother.  God taught me much in those years of great trial.  But I got so weary in the battles. I rarely had joy. I felt heavy laden with the burdens I was carrying.

Soon I began to question whether doing spiritual warfare was the most effective way to deal with the enemy. In my turmoil, I had asked the Lord if worship wouldn't be the better way to go.  And He began to take me down that road of learning.  That was a wonderful season of sitting at His feet.  I began to study all the worshipers of the Bible.  The Holy Spirit was gracious in teaching me.  I learned not only to use music to re-center my focus, but also learned to express worship without using other people's words. Now there was an exercise in growth! Oh my! I was becoming a David of the Bible. This was a tough lesson for me because I am NOT one who can articulate well.  I default to phrases that I already knew, but God insisted I be heart-felt. Not only did this take me to a deeper level in Him, but the words I spoke began to increase my faith so much more than before. I remembered the words from Romans 10:17, "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God."  I was being built up, as well as, being given tools for the fight.

Now I'm beginning to see that God is calling me back into the ring again.  As we have been ministering in Clairton, our eyes are quickly opened to the warfare ensuing all around us.  There isn't a week or a day that goes by that it doesn't smack us right in the face. In doing this Beth Moore Bible study, I am brought right back to the fact that we are in a war for the lives and souls of men, women, and children all around us.  Satan want's the victory, but as Beth reminds us, he can't wear the crown of victory!  

Now I've been given the tools of worship and warfare in the ministry of intercession.  As I go out onto the battle front, I go prepared in prayer and worship.  Then we engage in the warfare.  The Holy Spirit has also helped me to understand the importance of speaking blessings over the area.  I can't wait to see what God has in store for Clairton "the City of Prayer"!

2 comments:

Jordan@Me and My 8 said...

Good word. I still always remember how the armies of the old testament sent the worshippers in before the rest of the army, to prepare the way.

Debbie said...

Yep, you've got that right Jordan. That's one of the 1st thing I learned too.