on the path of God's leading in pursuit of His glory

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Where 2 or 3 are Gathered . . .

The ladies at the Bible study and I took a break for Christmas. Then we had snow which caused me to cancel our 1st time back. It felt sooo good to get back with these ladies in our study of Revelation with Beth Moore this week!

I have learned with these ladies not to presume what will take place at these meetings, because each and every week is different.  When I arrived there was just 2 joining me and one was sick, but she wanted to listen while we went over the homework.  I am also learning that God sets up each and every situation.  Because I only had a young lady and her mother, she was able to open up.  An on-going exercise that we are to do each week is to share what God has done in your previous week. Since it was prayer week in many churches, I was able to attend many of the services.  I shared how I loved feeling the Presence of God at these meetings.  This young lady, who is one of my hungrier ones, said to me that she had never had that experience and desired it so.  My heart just broke, but I encouraged her that as she desires more of Him and spends time with Him, she will indeed experience Him!

Not long after that, 2 other ladies showed up just in time for the DVD lesson. It surprises me that they can engage so quickly into the lessons, but Beth is that good and wonderfully anointed to reach these ladies.  

During the lesson, Pastor Brent, along with a couple of other people, came in from a city council meeting to share the progress of our ministry acquiring the apartments across the way. So far so good.  These were the apartments that they would in no way give to us, now they are gladly going through the process of letting us have them.  We will be able to tear down walls for a place for the kids to gather and have lessons and to feed them.  When it's done, my ladies will be able to meet for Bible study upstairs.  This will be good because I have young mothers who can't come because their little ones are too young to go to the kids class, but too active to sit during our Bible study.  God never ceases to amaze me!

Would you pray with me:
~ that this young lady is able to feel the Presence of God in her life
~ that the building project meets all the requirements for city council's approval and that renovation goes quickly
~ also that we successfully get a prayer time with these ladies to agree in prayer for their community and that they themselves will pray too

6 comments:

Jacque said...

Sounds like God is really moving in your bible study! Having a God encounter is so wonderful! I will be praying!

Debbie said...

Thanks Jacque!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Awesome blog Debbie...praying with you...God is SO GOOD! ~ Darlene

Jordan@Me and My 8 said...

Praying for the requests! Sounds like you have a wonderful group of ladies. Bible study time is so wonderful, regardless of what ends up happening. Whether it be watching a dvd, praying, talking or what have you.

Debbie said...

Thank you ladies!