on the path of God's leading in pursuit of His glory

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Women's Prayer Retreat


I went to a women's prayer retreat with my old church at Jumonville last weekend & it was an amazing time time in the Lord. A Beth Moore teaching series on DVD was used to help us to understand how we trust God in most things, but we all have that 1 thing that we don't give Him our full trust in. Boy did I learn a lot!

We had 2 cabins for us ladies. And one was set up as a prayer cabin and we were to come, as the Lord leads, to this cabin if we wanted prayer. Well... Friday night a group of us met in the living room. We were open to the move of the Holy Spirit to do as He pleased. And God showed up in powerful way! Many were set free. Some were willing to learn new & greater things. And others (like me), were laid flat out across the floor, some for quite awhile! There was prayer for the walls to come down which was what I had been praying for. Prayer was amazing that night. We went bed at about 4:30am.

The next day we concluded our session. After we packed up, we headed up to the cross where we had communion. For many it was their 1st trip up to the cross. For those of you who don't know, the cross is white & stands 60 ft. high. Many stood in the shadow of the cross, some were laid out on their faces. It was an amzing time of restoration and unity. I was so blown away by an ever loving, ever faithful, ever forgiving God! I didn't come to the retreat with a good attitude at all and for God to do what He did, just humbled me. He's so tender and so intimate. I love my God!

2 comments:

Jordan@Me and My 8 said...

Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Jacque said...

Where are the pictures of he actual retreat, not sure how to locate them?