on the path of God's leading in pursuit of His glory

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

In Responce to Worship

A little more than a month ago, in response to worship, Brent (our youth pastor) gave a plea for us to be set apart & be holy. And while I was at the altar, the Lord took me back to the woman with the issue of blood. In her desperation to touch Jesus for a healing, the Lord reminded me that she had to bow down to touch His hem. She pressed through the crowds of people, pushing them aside to get close to Him. How many of us are that desperate to push aside the pressing matters of the day to get time with Jesus? Do we make Jesus our priority? Garments in Jesus' day went to the ground which meant that this woman had to get on her hands & knees to find His hem. I believe the only way in the vast crowd of people that she could possibly reach Him was to get down on her hands & knees & try to reach through & grab Jesus' hem. Could she have been in such pain that that was her only stance? Whatever the reason, she had to go low to touch Jesus. I believe that the Lord was telling me that if we are willing to go to such an extent to spend time with our Lord, that virtue will flow from Him, just like it did for the woman. A place of worship is on our knees or on our face before Him. It's in humility that we come to God, because the proud cannot enter. May I, oh Lord push aside all that hinders me from coming to you. Let me come to the low place of worship that I may enter in.

No comments: