on the path of God's leading in pursuit of His glory

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Welcome Sophia!

Sarah had a doctor's appointment the night before (10pm - they do things differently here) & the doctor was quite concerned with the baby.  Sarah had been slowly leaking amniotic fluid for the past week, & he didn't want the baby to go into distress, so he told her to check into the hospital the next day.  Her due date was the prior Thursday, so he felt she was ready.  Sarah had already been having contractions off & on.
Sarah & John heading to the hospital.
I stayed at their home until much later when John's parents came to pick me up. They wanted that time to themselves.  Sarah was to be induce, so we figured it would be awhile.  When we arrived in her room 9 hrs later, she had gone from 1 centimeter when she was induced to 8.  They whisked her away to the delivery room, because she was going quickly & of course John went with her.  So I went to prayer.  After a while, John's mom grabbed my hand & we went to search for her.  Just as we had gotten there, John was coming for me.  Sarah had asked for me, but John's mother stayed out waiting while I was taken in.  It wasn't long before 3 pushes & Sophia was born!!!!  It was such a wonderful experience!  
She weighs 6 lbs 3 oz & is 19 " long
 When the nurse gave her a bath, all she did was whimper.  She's really not a crier.

A mother's love

The new family
Thank you Lord for allowing me to be here for my granddaughter's birth!!!

4 comments:

Jordan@Me and My 8 said...

Thanks for sharing the story!!! LOVED reading it. So exciting. I am glad she had Sophia at the beginning of the month (as opposed to going waaaay past her due date), because that gave you more time with her. We couldn't be more excited for your family!!

Debbie said...

Aww, thanks Jordan! It was an amazing experience!

Jacque said...

Welcome to the world & our family Sophia Elisabeth! I am so glad you were able to be there for Sarah & the birth! God is so good!!

Vicki said...

That's wonderful! So nice you got to share that with Sarah (and her mother :)