on the path of God's leading in pursuit of His glory

Thursday, February 7, 2008

I've been tagged

Jordan, my niece, tagged me. I have to post 3 recipies from the most "delightful" dinners I've had. And I'm to tell why they are special to me. So here they are:

This recipe is one of my family's favorite. I made it to help with turkey leftovers after Thanksgiving. I wanted something different than having turkey dinners over & over again. So Minute Rice had a formula for making casseroles using their rice & viola!

DELICIOUS TURKEY CASSEROLE

1-1/2 cups turkey chunks
8 oz. broccoli, cut up
1-1/2 cups cooked rice
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1-1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded

Cook rice according to directions. Cook broccoli until barely tender. Drain well. Stir in half of the cheeses. Stir soup & sour cream together. Add a little milk if need be. Add turkey & rice to soup mixture, then pour over broccoli in a baking pan. Microwave on high for 6 minutes. Stir & then flatten out; sprinkle with remaining cheeses & cook on high 5 minutes longer. (Finish under the broiler if desire browned cheese.) Or cook in a 350 degree oven for 30 -40 minutes.

This is an easy recipe to bump up the ingredients if you need more or if you prefer one over the other.


PASTA & CHEESE

This has been a long family favorite since my older kids were little. I give this casserole to those who need a meal & it's always a hit!

2 lbs. ground beef
1-2 jars spaghetti sauce
8 oz. package mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 lb. provolone cheese (this can be substituted for mozzarella cheese) shredded
1 pint sour cream
1 lb box medium shell noodles

Cook ground beef; drain. Add spaghetti sauce. Meanwhile, cook shells according to the package; drain. Then in a 9x13-inch pan begin to layer: 1/2 of the shells, 1/2 of the sauce, !/2 of the sour cream, & sprinkle 1/2 of the cheeses. Repeat. Bake covered for 30-40 minutes @ 350 degrees; then bake uncovered for 15 more minutes or until cheese is browned.


CHEDDAR CHOWDER

This is more my favorite than anyone else's. It's very cheesy & is good served with sweet corn muffins.

2 cups boiling water
2 cups diced potatoes
1/2 cup carrot slices
1/2 cup celery slices
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Cheese sauce:
1/4 cup margerine
1/4 cup flour
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
2 cups ham, diced into chunks

Add vegetables to boiling water. Then salt & pepper. Cook for 10 - 20 minutes.
Make cheese sauce out of the next 4 ingredients: melt margerine in a pan until slightly bubbling. Slowly add flour; bring back to bubbling. Stir until smooth. Add milk slowly, stirring constantly until you have saucy consistency. Then stir in cheddar slowly until its all melted into the sauce. Add to the undrained vegetavles. Add in the ham. Heat up & serve.

This recipe has to be exact or it won't turn out right.

2 comments:

Jordan@Me and My 8 said...

Sounds yum. I'll have to copy these.

Debbie said...

I was wondering when you'd check this out! I was surprised that I was able to get it in so quickly. Enjoy!