on the path of God's leading in pursuit of His glory

Thursday, May 8, 2008

More beautiful flowers!

Now that we are mid-spring, the flowers that are in bloom are the dogwood, lilacs, azaleas, & just this week the rhododendron are beginning to pop. Here are some of my pictures from the hunt for flower pictures that Alyssa & I went on.

My lilac bushes were positively loaded this year which was a real blessing since frost got to them last year & denied me their pleasure.
The fragrance in the air while
they are in bloom is intoxicating!
I enjoy picking them bring that
fragrance into my home. They are
an easy flower to fill a vase &
they are beautiful.

It was tricky going to the garage,
because you had to cross bumblebee highway. They were buzzing between all the bushes in the yard.


Each morning after I dropped Alyssa off at high school,
I would take the long way home.
As I turned onto Johnston Rd, I was greeted with this beautiful sight!This is the latest arrival in our flower garden.
It's so tiny & delicate.I love the blueberry's bells.
I tried to get a picture of the many
bumblebees who buzz in & out,
but I couldn't get one to sit still long enough :)

I had the most fun with the dogwood tree
& azalea bush at my neighbor's house.










































I love this one with the bee
buried in the flowers. They
must be in their glory with
all the flowers everywhere!











And the final showing, as they are just beginning
to make their appearance, are the rhoddies.

1 comment:

Nicky said...

the one house I babysit at had some lilacs in a jar. I was upset that I couldn't smell that day. I love the smell of lilac.