on the path of God's leading in pursuit of His glory

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Rosalie

A very dear friend of ours went on to be with the Lord tonight. It has been hard saying good bye! Rosalie's ministry affect each & every person in my family. She was Scott & my youth leader & mentor, she was our choir director in days gone by. More recently she was my kids' (every one of them) piano teacher, & our church pianist. After every lesson we would get into discussions about the Lord. She has helped me through very difficult times, sorting out my thoughts, listening while I cried. She struggled for years with a rare disease (that I can't even pronounce) which attacked her vital organs. She survived many near death experiences. But when she had the heart attack & the surgery that followed, it was one more thing her body couldn't handle. She spent 55 days in the hospital struggling for life in the cardiovascular unit. I know she is now completely healed & is gazing upon the face of our Lord, but she has left a hole & will be greatly missed!

4 comments:

Jordan@Me and My 8 said...

I'm sorry for your loss. Was she the one that did that little youth get away we would go to? I went with Sarah and David one summer?

Debbie said...

I don't know if you are talking about her or Harriet. They both did it together at one time.

Jordan@Me and My 8 said...

I thiiiiink i'm talking about Harriet. That rings a more familiar bell.

Debbie said...

She's still kicking! ;) Actually Harriet says that she's not sure why God spared her & not Rosalie. I say Rosalie's work here on earth must be done, while God is still using Harriet.