on the path of God's leading in pursuit of His glory

Friday, May 30, 2008

Spring Youth Camp

Our youth group always has their camps Memorial Day & Labor Day weekends. Sarah & David have gone, & so have Dan, Aaron & Andrew. Dave was in for the weekend & went down to camp Saturday & I decided to join him for the day Sunday. It was a gorgeous weekend & a beautiful drive down to Windy Ridge Camp.

When I got there Aaron comes running up to me & told me that I should have been there the night before, because the prayer meeting was awesome! He said that people got healed, that the power of the Holy Spirit was really moving. I was really excited. For my son to greet me with that as the 1st thing out of his mouth (then Andrew rushed up & said the same thing) means that God had really made an impression on him.

The speaker was a long time friend of mine, Jimmy Kotow (actually we are older members of this youth group). He has been holding meetings at Harriet's farm since the reunion camp last Memorial Day. God meets us each time (& it always amazes me that He moves in different ways too). That is something that I have learned in my walk with God, that He is unique in each & every prayer meeting I've ever been to. You are always wondering, what's He going to do next! Anyway, I was asked by several people to stay for the evening prayer meeting, so I stayed.

Let me back up a bit. Jim was teaching the kids about Who the Holy Spirit is. A lot of these kids hadn't heard these things before. So it was all exciting for them to learn about the 3rd Person of the Trinity. Earlier that day, I asked a friend, Casey, who brought her youth group to catch me up on the teachings. So she shared her notes with me.

That night the Lord really moved! First of all, worship was really good! Dave joined Tommy Whitfield who lead worship. He has such an anointing to for worship. Then Jim prayed for those who wanted a touch from the Holy Spirit, many went up. He prayed for each one. At some point he explained salvation & then asked who wanted to be saved. Four responded! Then it was group hug time! Jim then explain what it was to serve the Lord & be called to serve Him, giving Harriet & Brent as an example. I think just about everyone responded to that call! I was sooo surprised, because you usually get a few committed ones, but they all went up! Wow! We didn't head home until 11pm.

My younger sons have been talking about camp ever since they came home. (Dave went back to VA.) Besides all the wonderful spiritual things, they had a good time with each other. They played sports all through free time. And stayed up discussing spiritual stuff at night. And Harriet's cooking was good as usual! I'll post a few pictures, but check out Dan's blog & Aaron's as well.

Getting ready to leave, everyone gathered for prayer.Guy talk.

A friendly game of tag-football
Harriet fixing dinner
Taste testing










Helping in the kitchen









LaQuandra had services after dinner. She did a wonderful job!

Harriet tried to take pictures.
But then she asked David to do it!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats very cool. There's always a neat testimony coming out of Harriets camp. Its neat to see a couple of generations going to the same camp, and having the same mentors. I'm glad the boys had a great experience
in the Lord. He is so awesome to reveal Himself to us.-vicki

Jordan@Me and My 8 said...

Good time!

Aaron aka BK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie said...

Please check out Aaron's too. He had some great things to say about it as well as Dan.