on the path of God's leading in pursuit of His glory

Monday, November 17, 2008

The Last Few Days at the Beach





The last 2 days at the beach were cold, so there wasn't any swimming.







Thursday
Thursday morning, Dave headed back home & we went to the south end of the island. I tried to find my way to my brother's family, who were hunting shells, but I just couldn't make it.




But the boys did & they brought back a haul. This picture of them is courtesy of my niece, Robyn, who they were with.














Scott on the other hand went fishing. It was very cold until most of the way through the morning. Most of the fisherman were dressed very warm. I was not dressed near warm enough, but I survived.
















I did take random pictures while I was just hanging.



































That afternoon we went & got seafood for our dinner at the seafood market in town.















When we got back, we found that our sons had been busy making, well, I'm not sure.... a hole?













The guys did more fishing....




















The Blocker crew fishing as well.















Early evening the boys were still working on their... project.














After a wonderful seafood dinner, we went over to the Blocker's to celebrate Joshie's birthday. The cake & ice cream were sooo good! What a great way to end the day!











The birthday boy! Happy Birthday Josh!











Friday
Now Friday was another story! The good days were all gone. Wind & rain had moved in. So we spent the day packing & cleaning.














One of the last 2 nights the wind howled so bad that it woke me up, which was a good thing, because I found that porch furniture was bouncing in the wind! I was scared that it would blow away. So I fought the wind just to get out the door & the beating rain to wedge them in so they wouldn't take flight!
















By the time we left Saturday morning, the boys hole was completely filled in again.















Considering what time of the year it was, we had a pretty good time at the beach! Saturday we packed up the minivan & headed to Dave & Carissa's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

again, looks great!-vicki