on the path of God's leading in pursuit of His glory

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Our Vacation Continued

Day 4 & 5

Monday & Tuesday were 2 beautiful warm days that we spent on the beach & fishing. It felt good to be in the warm sun. Here are some pictures from those days.














Up the beach.
Assessing the damage.









Enjoying the surf.






I thought that this picture turned out really nice.













Between surf fishing & regular channel side fishing, there was a lot of fishing done.








Getting the bait.








Payload!










Dan is waiting for the right conditions.

















My brother coming down the beach in search of his sunglasses. I thought that this was another neat shot!


























Fishing at its best.




















Tuesday afternoon we went to a museum that was on the island. Since it was off season & closed, we had to wait until the lady running it would allow us in. So she called us when she got there. We got to look around & she filled us in on a lot of stuff.










The view outside the museum.








Later that evening, since it was Linda (my sis-in-law) birthday, we (the adults) went out to eat at favorite restaurant called the Green Turtle in Sneads Ferry. You could see the base across the channel. Linda's mom came with us.


This was the view as we came in.



And that ended these 2 days. Hopefully I can upload more soon.

4 comments:

Jordan@Me and My 8 said...

I can't WAIT to go back!

Nicky said...

I really miss the beach and hanging twith the whole family I cant wait till august.

amoetspes said...

Mom, your photos are amazing. Pray that I can come to the beach this summer with you all! I'm pouting.

Anonymous said...

Im glad you had a good time -maybe some day we will make it down there in the fall with y'all. -vicki ps nice pictures!