on the path of God's leading in pursuit of His glory

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Dave's post "i'm still alive"

This is one of my son's post on his blog. I was so impressed by it that I thought I'd post it here for you all to read.
"Contentment isn't found in life! It is only when you learn to die to self, personal happiness, and earthly ambition that you learn the key to contentment. The key is realizing that this life is only an opportunity. It is an opportunity to stockpile crowns to lay at His Feet. Please don't take this lightly! Every breath that you have is an undeserved gift. Even in physical death God has still provided for us. So complaining is simply a direct insult to Christ and His work on the cross. Complaining simply conveys your dissatisfaction of Christ's work on the cross.
Lately, God has shown me in simple things, that desiring advancement in this life is futile. No matter what I do salvation is never earned or given at a greater measure when I work harder for it. I am indebted at a price I can not pay, and all I can do is thank God.
My conclusion is this. Decide to use this undeserved life to take every opportunity that God gives you to faithfully glorify Him, and contentment, you'll have it!"
David wrote this the March after the tsunami hit that he & Sarah helped in the clean up of.

1 comment:

Nicky said...

Thats a really neat post. I like the meaning of it.