on the path of God's leading in pursuit of His glory

Thursday, November 15, 2007

God is so Good

I just want you know, God is so good! (I'm sure you do!) As homeschoolers we aren't privy to news that goes on in the high school. We obviously are left out of the loop and we are learning this. Our policy has always been that since we chose to homeschool that we would do everything ourselves. That's usually the attitude of the district as well. A few years ago this school district decided to let homeschoolers participate in school classes & functions. This year Dan decided that he wanted to play on the high school's basketball team - jr varsity, of course. Well, each of the parties involved are adjusting to this. And I understand its all new to them! The coach has been real nice to Dan, but because it's out of the routine to have a student not in the school to be notified, we've been forgotten a few times. Well... the most recent incident was the physical for this sport. We weren't notified when they were doing this. This teaches me to be on my toes. When Dan went to practice on Monday, the coach said that he had to have one by the next 2 days! What! They forgot to tell us when their doc had come in to do that. All I'm thinking is how much is this going to cost me to get one done now. Our insurance completely pays for a well check-up, but 1 per year. I usually have to call the drs well in advance to get an appointment. So we prayed, "Lord if you want Dan to remain in basketball, You will have to make a way." Well, He did! Our insurance, unbeknownst to me, now allows 1 physical per calendar year, not the original 365 days +. Hurray!!! So the lady at the drs' office squeezed Dan in! God just opened 1 doorafter the other for this, it was definitely His signature!

2 comments:

Jordan@Me and My 8 said...

Aweomse. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

God is so good! Keep shining on this family Lord!