on the path of God's leading in pursuit of His glory

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

SWALLOW FALLS STATE PARK

The next day we went investigating a couple of parks in Garrett Co. but I forgot my camera, so there were no pictures. There were some beautiful views too! It was killing me not to have my camera. The day after that though, we went to Swallow Falls State Park to hike around.
We chose to hike on the other side of the river & falls for a change since we had never done that before. It was pretty cool! A nice change. We were fallowing this narrow path for a long time. And the Lord kept speaking to me about the path of life and how a Christian follows the narrow way & that there was only 1 way to Jesus. We were on a path higher than the one across the river, so the Lord spoke to my heart that we are to take the higher road. As you can see the path we were was rough at 1st, but later on as we came under a canopy of evergreens, it became smoother. And I realized that sometimes life can be rough at 1st as a Christian, but then as we get to know more & more the God we serve, our path becomes sweeter & sweeter. The river flowed beside us the whole time reminded me that Jesus is the River of Life that flows & gives us strength from day to day. He spoke many more things that I can't remember, I was truly blessed!




















And here is Swallow Falls. People often slide down it if the water level is high enough to glide down it without bumps & bruises. Later on we will end up where that lady is standing out on that rock looking over the falls. You can click on the picture to make it look bigger.





















The guys had a blast climbing every rock they could & investigate anything that came along including a big ole spider! This thing was the size of a hand.










Time for a family shot only without Scott.
He was taking the picture.
Here he's telling the boys about the fish that got caught in this pool. Although later it does swim out. Aaron said that he touched it.





















Beautiful view upstream.













We finally made it down to where Muddy Creek
comes out. It has a high falls of its own. But we did not see it this time. We usually go there 1st.















We decided to head back. Scott taking one last look.








He reminds me of Mr. Wilson on Home Improvement! He was showing me the rhododendron flower still in bloom.










After lunch, we crossed the river & hiked down through to Toliver Falls.


































A neat mood picture of Dan.










Here we finally ended up where that lady was standing above the falls. The one in the red is where she stood. Andrew is sitting to the left of her overlooking the falls.















This picture is up river toward the bridge we crossed to walk down there.



















As we sat looking over the activities of the falls, this couple caught our eyes. They were gingerly making their way over (because its very easy to slip & fall, a guy had just done that very thing & cracked his head off a rock. We felt so bad for him). The guy tried several times to get in under the falls without success. Then the girl decided that she couldn't take any more & show him how its done. She popped right in! Then he decided to follow. Later he tried to show her how manly he was by climbing the falls.






This is the 1st time I have ever seen this place this crowded.















After a full day, we decided to head on back.













I can't remember, but I believe we packed up & head back home that evening. And again, there was a beautiful sunset!



There was a dramatic sky that evening.







The sunset was a great way to end a great trip!

3 comments:

Jordan@Me and My 8 said...

Beautiful pics!

Anonymous said...

Muy Bonita Senorita! My friend Maryann is here with me, says she loves the sunsets! Next time I go with, ok! I will hide in your suitcase!! :)

Debbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.