on the path of God's leading in pursuit of His glory

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Thirsty Birds!

Up until recently, it hasn't rained around here for at least a month but a few drops now & then. Last week, I filled our dry bird bath & then went inside to work in the kitchen. When I looked outside to check on the birdbath, I saw that it was overrun with birds! Poor things were thirsty! I grabbed my camera & took a few shots.

You can see this one drinking.















He was soon joined by a flock vying for position.







It became a virtual bird convention after a while.









After some time, they finally left. I felt so sorry for them. Obviously there weren't many sources of water for them.

2 comments:

Jordan@Me and My 8 said...

Yes. We have a hummingbird feeder, home to the greediest little beggars! I love to watch them.

Debbie said...

They are fun aren't they?!