on the path of God's leading in pursuit of His glory

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Hello from Egypt!

Hey everybody!!! We are presently sitting in Sarah's living room. Our flights were good! And praise God, I had no fears at all! In fact, I was amazed that I was at such peace! It has been 16 yrs since we have flown, so we were all eyes & ears. Cairo is such a different place, much different. It actually reminds me of my years in Indonesia. And, oh my, the traffic!!!! Cairo has its own definition of driving. Traffic lights, stop signs, & lanes are just decorations. Traffic laws are not inforced at all, so its chaos! It's a glorified Kennywood bumper car ride! And I am not exaggrating, ask anyone who has been here. Angels are doing double duty here otherwise there would be many, many more casualities. The people have been wonderful. We met John's parents before we saw Sarah. They are lovely people, and we had wonderful conversations about the Lord, & their faith here. We took a tour of Sarah's school the 1st night and met the teachers there. Last night, John's parents held sort of a reception for them in a courtyard of a church. That's a fellowship area for the Christians here, because it never rains. Today we just chilled. Tomorrow the wedding! We have one very nervous bride, so please pray! I will try & load pictures when we get back. It's going to be a very hectic 2 weeks, & I've got to get Christmas in there somehow! See you on the flipside.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been in prayer for no leg pain on the plane. Sounds like all went well. Continuing to pray for strength. S

arah and John are in my thoughts and prayers! Give Sarah a huge hug for me. Tell her the preparation is about complete!

Nicky said...

Reading what you wrote brings back memories. I miss Egypt so much. If you can tell everyone there I said Hi. See you when you get back.

Anonymous said...

Debbie,
I am sooooooo excited for you, Scott, Sarah & John! I read what you wrote and I cry at how faithful God is to us all! John & Sarah's love story has not been without its ups & downs, and stresses along the way, BUT soon and very soon it will all be worth it!!!!!!
Hugs and kisses for my "little Sarah" who has grown up to be a fine woman of God!" ~Robin

Anonymous said...

Deb, Don't worry All is well with the house, mail, & plants. The angels are around you there and here. Can't wait for your return. We miss you guys. Congrats. to the new addition to your family both here and there also.
Sarah & John many blessing to you in the years ahead. God is going to meet you both in a very special way as you delight yourselves in Him. We will continue to pray.
Love Sally

Anonymous said...

I bet it was just beautiful and can't wait to see all the pictures and everything. Glad all went well. Can't wait to see Sarah and John and everyone!

~Jacque~