on the path of God's leading in pursuit of His glory

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Temple Worship


In last week's devotions, we were in the book of Hebrews. Somehow we got on the subject of the temple. One of my boys mentioned the seats in the temple to which I said there weren't any. The Israelites were to either stand or lay prostrate before the Lord. There wasn't to be any sitting. No time for complacency. Faith was to be active. Today people complain when they have to stand or stand too long during worship. If you are able, that's the least we can do for the Lord! Don't take me wrong, I so appreciate seats, but to stand is a small price to pay for all that the Lord has done for us! Now for me, I feel confined in the pews. I want to get out & move!

2 comments:

Jordan@Me and My 8 said...

I want to get out and move too, but am still too worried about what people think.

I cant wait to loose this belly, and get on my face again.

Debbie said...

Awww Jordan, you will be able to do it again! I remember those days.